Who needs vitamins & supplements?
Not everyone needs all the vitamins or supplements. Supplements are not substitute for our diet. Vitamins and supplements are needed to bridge the gap of what is missing in the diet or if you are not absorbing well. So who needs supplements? There is no one answer for this because every individual is different, everyone’s needs are different and everyone has a different lifestyle and food choices. Here are few reasons why you should consider vitamins or supplements:
- If you are eating less than 1400 calories.
- If you do not consume variety of fruits and vegetables in your diet.
- If you are following a special diet.
- If you have GI disorders.
- If you have malabsorption issues.
- If you have food allergies or sensitivities.
- If you are pregnant or lactating women.
- If you are on various medications that may deplete your nutrient store or lead to deficiencies due to other reasons.
- If you are a vegetarian or vegan.
These are only few reasons. Supplement recommendation is very individualized. Not everyone needs everything and not everything is for everyone.
If you are consfused, schedule a personalized nutrition counseling session for one-on-one consult or to get a Micro-nutrient Testing done.